Monday, January 30, 2012

Coupon Savings: January 2012

As most of you know, I'm a couponer. I'm not one of those crazy couponers you see on TV, but I do clip to help our weekly budget. I used to spend $150+ PER WEEK on groceries. Since I started couponing, I have reduced my weekly budget to $50-$100 per week. That's for 6 dinners, lunches, and essentials (milk, eggs, cheese, etc)

My friend over at This Mom's Heart (thanks Katie!) taught a class last March on how to coupon and I've been able to implement my savings over the past year. I think I saved $3000+ last year on groceries thanks to the techniques that Katie taught me. And, I've been having people coming up to me asking me questions about how to do it. (I am, by no means, an expert! In fact, I still ask Katie questions!)

So, I've decided to keep track this year of exactly how much couponing saves me each month, and by the end of the year. I do my grocery shopping on Monday mornings, so watch for monthly updates the last Monday of each month!

January 2012:
Total (before savings): $816.28
Spent: $570.46 ($70 over budget - BUT this includes everything for our Super Bowl Party)
Savings: $245.82
Percentage: 30.11%


2012 YTD:
Total (before savings): $816.28
Spent: $570.46
Savings:245.82
Percentage:30.11%

Oh! And Travis and I *almost* made it the whole month without eating out! We had some fast food this weekend, and decided to go out for Mexican on Sunday after church. We only missed it by 2 days! Not too shabby! :-D

Happy Couponing!

No comments: