Saturday, September 10, 2011

Craft Experiment: No Slip Grippy Socks

Results (cont.):
Washability:
Both pairs of socks washed well without any notice of wearing. I understand its the first wash, but I wanted to make sure they weren't going to melt or crack with just one wash.

Availability:
Again, both paints were equally available at Jo-Ann's. I did find more variety of Slick paint in a combo pack (6+) than I did the puffy paint, but either paint is readily available.

Conclusion:
Penelope had a difficult time walking on our hardwood floors, and I wanted a way to modify her baby  socks to grippy socks without having to buy brand new socks with grippies. Between the two different paints, the puff paint seemed to do the job better than the Slick paint, at least for Penelope. I just finished 6 pairs of baby socks and am waiting for them to dry.


2 comments:

This Mom's Heart said...

Those are REALLY super cute, Sarah!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to leave a note on this blog entry...even though this is nearly a year ago. I was looking for exactly what you tested out..so your information is phenomenal! Thank you!