Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 1


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


Current Weight: 214.6 pounds
Weight Loss: -5.4 pounds
Total Weight Loss: -5.4 pounds
BMI: 36.8

Week 1 is over, and I must say, I did pretty well. I lost 5.4 pounds! And this was sort of an off week. I didn't get to go grocery shopping last week so we ate out...a lot...and I still lost! That makes me happy, but I know that I can't do that every week. I really have to try at this.

I originally was going to do Weight Watchers (WW) again. But then, my friend from high school turned me onto www.myfitnesspal.com (MFP). It's similar to WW in that you track everything you eat, but instead of assigning point values to everything, it just lets you count calories, fat, sugar, fiber, anything your little heart wants. There's a great iPhone and Android app...and its free!!

I decided to give it a try, since it's free, before spending $18/month for WW. Let me tell you, I'm ecstatic! I LOVE it! The app is freaking awesome and SO easy to use! It's nice to be able to look food choices up quickly to see the calorie amount and decide maybe I shouldn't eat that. And it has EVERYTHING! I was even able to search for "Publix ultimate" looking for the ultimate subs we get at Publix...and it was there!! Honestly, I'm shocked!

Plus! What makes the app even better is there is a bar code scanner. You can scan any food item bar code, and the app will automatically input all of the nutritional information...even for things that DON'T have the information listed (ie, K-Cups). That makes it so simple to use! I am truly impressed!

And let me just say, that I have the best husband in the entire world. When he read my last post (he didn't know I was writing it), the first thing out of his mouth was "I am in complete and total support of you and whatever you want to do to get healthy."  That comment made me feel like I could do it...before I had even started!

Typically, when I've done this type of thing in the past, I'll be all gun-ho in the beginning and then after a month or two, my interest/motivation/drive waves and I stop. I've figured out a way to combat that. I asked Travis to join MFP with me. He doesn't need to lose any weight but has been wanting to eat better, and keep track of what he's eating. He signed up this weekend and has been having fun tracking what he eats. It makes the whole process a lot easier when I know that he's watching what he's eating too. Plus, I've got my friend who told me about it supporting me too! And all of you! I really, honestly feel like I can do it this time! Here's to a healthier me!!


No comments: