After the socks dried overnight, I had to puff up the puffy paint. Per the paints instructions, I used an iron on the hottest setting and steamed the socks until the paint puffed up. The resulting image looks like this:
|You can really see the puffy on the far sock|
The results are based on a number of factors: ease to make, cuteness factor, grippiness, washability, and availability of cute colors.
Ease of use:
Both socks were easy to create especially since I had a template from the dots already on the socks.
The puff paint was a little less easy because I had to use the iron to puff the paint. It only took a few minutes, but its not as easy as the paint and go that the Slick paint offers.
Cuteness Factor (Cf): Cf = Cc * Cs where Cc is the cuteness of the child and Cs is the cuteness of the socks.
Both pairs of socks are adorable and look adorable on Penelope. The blue pair match her outfit yesterday better than today, but that was not taken into consideration in this experiment.
Ok, seriously. The Cf is way high on both pairs.
While the black socks were cooling from their steam bath, I put Penelope in the grey socks (Slick paint) and cut her loose! In the span of 30 minutes, she slipped 3 times. In the span of 30 minutes in the black socks (Puffy paint) she slipped once. With a 3:1 ratio, the puffy paint is definitely the winner. However, there was a factor not accounted for when the painting of the socks was done. The dot pattern on the grey socks is more spaced out than those on the black socks, but there was more paint dots put on the grey socks. Also, because these are adult socks, the dots were bigger than they would be on baby socks. Once I use her baby socks, I should be able to put more, smaller dots.
Both pairs of socks will be washed this afternoon to test the washability.
We will be heading to the store later today to test the availability of the paint colors.